Situated in the beautiful town of Praia da Vitória, on Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal, Atlântida Mar Hotel is a perfect retreat for couples, families and solo travelers looking for a relaxing and invigorating getaway. Here are some tips to help make the most of your stay at this beachfront hotel.
1. Enjoy the “Romantic Escape” Package
For a truly unforgettable experience, consider booking the hotel’s “Romantic Escape” package. With a stay in a standard room or suite with an ocean view, this package includes special decor, access to the pool, sauna, jacuzzi and gym, and a buffet breakfast served in the room or a continental breakfast in the suite. In addition, additional services are available, including a bottle of “champagne”, a bowl of seasonal fruit with whipped cream, a bowl of chocolates, a basket of fresh flowers, a bouquet of 4 red roses and a heart-shaped cake
2. Explore the History and Culture of Praia da Vitória
Praia da Vitória is a city rich in history and culture. During your stay at Atlântida Mar Hotel, take the opportunity to explore the city’s historic center, full of monuments, historic buildings and traditional streets. The architecture is typical and colorful, providing a picturesque walk. Some points of interest include:
- The Mother Church (from the 15th century) and the Church of Senhor Santo Cristo (16th century)
- The Fort of Santa Catarina
- The Town Hall
- The Customs House
- Rua de Jesus, a commercial street with typical architecture and colorful decorations
- Praça Francisco Ornelas da Câmara, the central square of the city, where the Statue of Liberty is located.
3. Visit the Casa Museu Vitorino Nemésio
Casa Museu Vitorino Nemésio is a historic residence from the 17th century, where the writer Vitorino Nemésio was born. The house is open for visits and houses the writer’s personal objects. Close to the Casa Museu, you will find the Public Library, also known as the Casa das Aunts, which was the home of Nemésio’s aunts.
4. Enjoy the view from Miradouro do Facho
The Miradouro do Facho offers some of the best views of the port, Serra do Cume and the city. Located in Serra do Facho, close to the marina at Praia de Vitória, this observation point was named after it was used as a lighthouse in the 15th and 16th centuries.